Awakend will not share, trade, or sell any personal information whatsoever of any Customer or Member to any 3rd party.
Awakend LLC (“Awakend,” “us,” or “we”) has created this Privacy Statement to inform you about how we collect, use and disclose information.
This Privacy Statement applies to information collected through this website and any mobile sites, applications, widgets, and other interactive features that link to this Privacy Statement (the “Site”). Except as specifically provided below, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected by Awakend by or through any other means, such as information collected offline.
Awakend grants Independent Representatives (hereinafter referred to as Members) selling rights to its products. Members are not employed by Awakend. Therefore, Awakend does not control and is not responsible or liable for the collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information by Members, including for their marketing purposes. If you provide information to an Independent Member through the Site, Awakend will have access to it and shall treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Members may provide Awakend with information regarding their customers, in which case Awakend will treat such information, once in its possession, in accordance with this Statement.
If you are a Member's customer, you should check with your Representative directly to learn about his or her data privacy practices.
If you apply to become or are a Member, in addition to the generally applicable provisions of this Privacy Statement please review the Member section at the bottom of this Privacy Statement to see important information about additional privacy practices that apply to you.
Collection of Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is information that can identify you, such as name, postal address (including billing and shipping addresses), telephone number, email address, credit card number, and username. We collect Personal Information from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or otherwise provide information directly to us, including when you register with us, purchase products, participate in our interactive features or otherwise interact with us on the Site.
Use Of Personal Information. We May Use Personal Information:
● For the purposes for which you specifically provided it, including, without limitation, to enable us to respond to your inquiries and process and fulfill your requests;
● To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
● To tell you about products, services, programs, and offers that we believe may be of
interest to you via email, SMS, telephone, or postal mail;
● To personalize your experience with us, including by presenting products or offers tailored to you;
● To allow you to use, communicate and interact with others on our Site;
● To help you find a Member, including suggesting a new Awakend if your current
Member has discontinued selling Awakend products, and to facilitate the business activities of a Member;
● For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities (Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully);
● To complete and fulfill your order, or otherwise provide you with products or services, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service; and ● To allow you to send an email to other people through our “send to a friend” type functionality. (By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us your friend’s name and email address for that purpose. Your friend’s information will only be used to send the forwarding email and is not saved in our databases.);
Sharing Personal Information. We May Disclose Your Personal Information:
● To companies that are affiliated with us, that is, are part of the Awakend family of companies, but not for their direct marketing purposes;
● To third-party service providers who provide services to Awakend, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing, training, and other similar services. (These third parties will be supplied with, or have access to, your Personal Information for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf);
● To Members, to the extent necessary for them to contact you, fulfill your orders, or provide a service to you;
● To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
● As we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your county and State of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your county and State of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
From time to time, we may allow you to opt-in to participate in particular third-party offers that require us to share certain Personal Information with such third parties. We will disclose this anticipated sharing of Personal Information at the time we make such opportunities available to you. If you opt-in to participate in such an offer, we may disclose your Personal Information to such third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We recommend that you consult such third parties' privacy policies in advance if you wish to participate in these offers.
Collection Of Non-Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” Is Any Information That Does Not Reveal Your Specific Identity, Such As:
● Browser information
● Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
● Demographic information and additional information provided by you or our Members
● Aggregated information
Our third-party service providers and we may collect Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways. For example, we
● Collect information such as your computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
● Collect demographic information, such as your location, education, profession, age, and gender, as well as other information, such as your hobbies and special interests, when you voluntarily
Provide this information to us. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or anyone else.
We may aggregate Personal Information so that the aggregated information does not personally identify you or anyone else, such as by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our customers who live in a particular area. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Use And Sharing of Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies. Our Third-Party Service Providers and We May Use “Cookies” On The
Local Storage Objects. Our Third-Party Service Providers and We May Use Flash
Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) in certain situations, including recognizing you and remembering what is in your shopping cart. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you generally cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs from your browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, and to learn how to control them, click on the support Page for the Flash Player and choose Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs on your computer now, go to the Website Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Pixel Tags and Other Technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. However, in contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on website pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags) in connection with the Site to, among other things, track the activities of our Site visitors and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. Our third-party service providers and we also may use clear GIFs in HTML-formatted email messages to help us track email response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and identify when our emails are viewed or forwarded.
Awakend may work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Site.
Widgets, Applications, And Similar Technologies.
If you choose to utilize technology provided by us (such as a widget), any Personal Information or other information you make available through such technology may become available publicly, for example, through social media and other websites and platforms on which you may make the applicable technology available. In addition, some technology may have the capability to be distributed “virally” in other locations (for example, a friend or a customer of yours may post the widget that contains your information to their blog). Awakend is not responsible or liable for the collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information and/or other information that is made publicly available.
How We Collect IP Addresses
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using
by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the visited page (s). Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
How We Use and Disclose IP Addresses
We may use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, detecting fraud, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files, and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
SOCIAL NETWORK AND INTERACTIVE TOOLS
Certain features on our Site may allow you to interact with us and others. These may include blogs, message boards, messaging functionality, chat functionality, and creating community profiles. When you use these features, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location, and email address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these interactive features, and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the Site even after you cease use of the Site.
Our Site may link to websites operated by other third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to or integrated with our Site or for the privacy practices of third-party Internet advertising companies. The inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply our endorsement of the linked site by us. Awakend’s Members are solely responsible for their own websites and for any information collected on those websites. If a Member uses an Awakend Site to collect information from you, Awakend may have access to that information and shall treat it in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may use information about your visit to the Site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you want more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the Contacting Us section below.
To opt-out of receiving marketing and/or promotional offers from Awakend, you may (1) follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in any such emails you have received, or (2) if you have registered with an Awakend Site, you may use that Site’s “modify account information” or similar functionality to opt-out from receiving such messages.
If you registered with a Site, you may view, change, modify or remove certain Personal
Information contained in your personal profile by using the tools found in the profile or account
section of the applicable Site.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. From time to time, we also reserve the right to re-contact former Site visitors and users, including Members. Finally, we are not responsible for removing information or causing information to be removed from the databases or other records of third parties (including vendors, service providers, and Members) with whom we have already shared your Personal Information.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we may have operations, and by interacting with us and providing us with any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence when applicable, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time, we may change this Privacy Statement. Please look at the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Site. Your interaction with us following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVES (MEMBERS)
The Following Provisions Are Applicable Only to Awakend’s Members:
This Privacy Statement applies to the Personal Information of Members collected by Awakend,
whether collected online or offline. This information would be collected in addition to any
Personal Information we may collect from you as an Awakend customer, as described above.
If you seek to become an Awakend Member, we may collect and use your Personal Information, including credit-related information, to determine your eligibility.
In order to be appointed an Awakend Member, you may be required to enter into a separate agreement with Awakend (“Member Agreement”). If you have entered into a Member Agreement, we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the terms of your “Member Agreement.” We also may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary to fulfill our obligations under the Member Agreement. In the event of a conflict between this Privacy Statement and the Member
The agreement and the terms of the Member Agreement shall apply. Once you are a Member Distributor (including a sales leader), we may disclose your Personal Information:
●District managers, area sales managers, or their equivalent.
●As part of our sales leadership program, to Members who are sales leaders;
● To current and potential customers who are seeking the assistance of an Awakend
● As necessary to comply with legal requirements such as tax and record-keeping
obligations. We may also combine the Non-Personal Information that our third-party service providers and we collect about your use of our Site (as described above) with your unique Member account number. We may use the combined information for purposes such as to analyze
● Members use of our Sites in order to evaluate and make improvements to our business model and for other internal analytics purposes.